The Mueller Sports Medicine Elastic Bandage is a high quality cotton and elastic tensor bandage. It is stretchable and this elasticity creates targeted compression on the site of an injury. You can use them to treat muscle/ligament strains and sprains and they will work by reducing the flow of blood into the affected area in order to reduce swelling.
The Mueller Sports Medicine Elastic Bandage can also be used to treat bone fractures – they will hold the splint in place and protect it. After the swelling has gone, a fibreglass or plaster cast can be applied to the fracture.
You can also use these highly versatile bandages to treat lymphedema and other venous disorders.
Finally, they can be used to hold cold or hot packs in position.
To use the bandage to treat an injury:
- Position one end of the bandage below the site of the injury;
- Wrap up an around the injury. Ensure that you overap at least half of the bandage with each loop;
- When you have finished wrapping, the end of the bandage should be above the site of the injury;
- You can then use tape or clips to hold the bandage in position.
- Avoid wrapping the bandage too tightly- doing so will restrict blood flow.
- Remove the bandage at least twice daily and if you experience tingling or numbness
- Wash your bandage daily or whenever it loses its tension, whichever occurs more frequently. Keep a spare bandage for use while the other one is being cleaned.
If you have tinging or numbness that does not go away after you have removed the bandage, you should see your doctor. Do the same if the site of the injury remains cold and/or pale after you have removed the bandage.
Mueller Sports Medicine Elastic Bandage – Key Features
- Washable and reusable
- Available in 2″, 3″ and 4″ widths x 5yd lengths