On this page, we have listed some of the frequently asked questions by current or potential customers as well as the answers to these questions. We have included general customer service questions as well as questions on Bio Skin, McDavid, Mueller Sports Medicine, LP Support, Kinesio and other products.
We hope you will find this information useful.
- 1 General Customer Service- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1.1 Is there a retailer near my location who carries your products?
- 1.2 How long will it take to process and ship my order?
- 1.3 How can I contact my local sales representative?
- 1.4 What is your return policy?
- 1.5 I would like to place an order on behalf of a team or other large organization. Can I contact you directly for a customized quotation?
- 1.6 I am interested in looking at some catalogs of your products. Can I find them online, or do I need to contact you directly?
- 1.7 I do not qualify for a wholesale account but I am nevertheless interested in shopping with you. Is this possible?
- 1.8 I’m having trouble locating a product on your website.
- 2 Product-Specific Frequently Asked Questions
- 2.1 Bio Skin
- 2.1.1 I am interested in buying a Bio Skin orthopedic support but I’m uncertain about the size I need. How can I find this information?
- 2.1.2 I need some guidance on how to put on the Bio Skin product I have purchased. Where can I find this information?
- 2.1.3 Can I develop an allergic reaction from wearing my Bio Skin brace?
- 2.1.4 Will my Bio Skin orthopedic brace slip or migrate from its proper position while I am wearing it?
- 2.1.5 How do I wash my Bio Skin® product?
- 2.1.6 How does your Bio Skin sizing run?
- 2.1.7 My Bio Skin orthopedic brace feels tight. Is it too small?
- 2.1.8 How do I keep my Bio Skin® product from slipping?
- 2.1.9 How long can I wear my Bio Skin brace? Is it okay to sleep in it?
- 2.2 Mueller Sports Medicine
- 2.3 LP Support
- 2.4 Kinesio
- 2.4.1 What does Kinesio tape do when combined with the Kinesio Taping method?
- 2.4.2 Is Kinesio tape useful outside of a medical setting or when used by athletes?
- 2.4.3 Do I need to have expertise in Kinesio taping to use your products?
- 2.4.4 What is the relative importance of the tape vs. technique in obtaining the best results?
- 2.4.5 Is there any difference between the various colors of Kinesio tape?
- 2.4.6 Do you have any suggestions for optimal taping results?
- 2.4.7 Can you give a brief summary of how the tape is applied?
- 2.4.8 Which of your Kinesio tapes is water resistant?
- 2.4.9 Do any of the Kinesio tapes contain latex?
- 2.4.10 Are Kinesio products intended only for human use?
- 2.5 McDavid
- 2.6 LEGEND® Compression Wear
- 2.1 Bio Skin
General Customer Service- Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a retailer near my location who carries your products?
Please check our Locate A Retailer page to see a list of nearby stores that may carry our products. To confirm availability of the specific product in which you are interested, please call any store before visiting. Of course, you may also contact us to obtain this information.
How long will it take to process and ship my order?
We carry inventory on most of the items advertised on the site. Provided your product is in stock, we can process and ship it on the day it is received, provided this is before 4PM that day. Otherwise, it will be processed and shipped on the following day. Once shipped, it will take 1-5 business days to arrive (ground shipping).
How can I contact my local sales representative?
Please check our list of sales representatives for this information. The contact information for each sales representative is listed immediately below his/her profile. Alternatively, you may call us at 1-800-265-7126 for this information.
What is your return policy?
You can read our return policy here.
I would like to place an order on behalf of a team or other large organization. Can I contact you directly for a customized quotation?
Certainly! You can call us at 1-800-265-7126, fax us at 1-800-263-5607 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the order on which you would like a quote. We look forward to hearing from you.
I am interested in looking at some catalogs of your products. Can I find them online, or do I need to contact you directly?
Most of our catalogs can be found in the Library section of our website. If the product or brand in which you are interested is not to be found there, please call us at 1-800-265-7126 and we will have it sent out to you. Please note, though, that we can only discuss wholesale prices with you if you have an approved wholesale account with us. You can apply online for such an account here.
I do not qualify for a wholesale account but I am nevertheless interested in shopping with you. Is this possible?
Certainly! Please visit our direct website and you will be able to place an order there. You will be able to see the price of the item without applying for an account, and the shipping cost will be visible before you checkout.
I’m having trouble locating a product on your website.
Our website does not necessarily carry all of the products we stock. If you can’t find what you need, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-265-7126 or email email@example.com and we will see if we can source your product for you.
Product-Specific Frequently Asked Questions
I am interested in buying a Bio Skin orthopedic support but I’m uncertain about the size I need. How can I find this information?
You can call us at 1-800-265-7126 and we will be happy to provide you with guidance. Alternatively, you can consult the page for the specific product on this website and look under the “Sizing” tab at the bottom of the page. You will find detailed sizing instructions there.
I need some guidance on how to put on the Bio Skin product I have purchased. Where can I find this information?
You will find this information in the form of a short video under the “Instructions” tab at the bottom of each Bio Skin product page. If this does not provide the specific information you need, or if you would just prefer to contact us directly, please call us at 1-800-265-7126 or consult your local sales representative.
Can I develop an allergic reaction from wearing my Bio Skin brace?
All Bio Skin orthopedic supports are hypoallergenic, latex free and neoprene free. There is no risk of an allergic reaction from wearing your Bio Skin orthopedic brace.
Will my Bio Skin orthopedic brace slip or migrate from its proper position while I am wearing it?
Bio Skin braces have a patented SkinLok™ feature that increases friction against the skin in the presence of moisture (from perspiration, water or lotion) thus holding the brace more firmly in place and increasing its effectiveness.
How do I wash my Bio Skin® product?
We recommend that you wash them by hand. Use the sink or the shower for this, and a mild detergent. Avoid a washer. After washing, you can hang dry them. Do not use a dryer – the heat may damage the material.
How does your Bio Skin sizing run?
In contrast to many other orthopedic supports, Bio Skin products provide high-level compression. This compression may lead some people to feel that they have chosen too small a size the first time they wear their Bio Skin product.
We suggest that if you are “between sizes”, it would be advisable to choose the larger size. If you are looking for high compression, the lower size would be the better choice..
My Bio Skin orthopedic brace feels tight. Is it too small?
Any moisture on your skin will make it harder to pull the product on (the SkinLok feature). So if the product feels too tight, you should ensure that the area of application is clean and completely dry (no water, sweat or lotion) before you put it on.
You may also find it helpful to try stretching it with your hands before applying it. After a period of use, the material will tend to relax a little.
How do I keep my Bio Skin® product from slipping?
You can try activating the SkinLok feature. To do this, you should dampen your skin before you apply the product. The SkinLok feature will react with moisture (including sweat) to lock the Bio Skin® material against your skin and reduce sliding.
How long can I wear my Bio Skin brace? Is it okay to sleep in it?
If you have a history of circulation problems (e.g. from diabetes), you should check with your doctor. Ask him or her how much compression is appropriate.
Otherwise, people in good health should not experience problems wearing Bio Skin® products for as long as they want.
Having said this, we don’t recommend that you wear our products overnight.
Mueller Sports Medicine
What are the Mueller Hg80™ braces?
Mueller’s Hg80 braces are a mercury based (Mueller Mercury™) line of light and comfortable braces that are designed to be simultaneously breathable, moisture wicking and anti-microbial.
What is the HydraCinn™ material that is mentioned with some of the Mueller Sports Medicine products?
HydraCinn fabric is a non neoprene material developed by Mueller Sports Medicine to be soft, comfortable, durable and breathable for long term use. It is featured in some of the Hg80 products mentioned above.
What are the “Mueller Green” products?
“Mueller Green” products are an ecologically friendly line of braces and supports made with non petroleum based materials and linings constructed from 67% recycled PET bottles.
How does Mueller kinesiology tape differ from that made by other companies?
Mueller kinesiology tape features a revolutionary wave pattern adhesive that moves with the skin and muscles. This adhesive is waterproof and durable and can remain applied for up to 7 days at a time.
For more information of the importance of these features please review our post on how kinesiology tape works.
What are the LP MaxWrap® products?
LP MaxWrap is a premium wrap that is designed to aid prevention, treatment and rehabilitation after injury. It has a unique silicone backing design providing localized compression and non-slip support to maintain stability.
MaxWrap can be applied so that the support/compression can be specifically selected and additionally isolated to the injured part of the limb, whilst leaving the rest of the limb free of constriction.
This concept, as well as the construction of the fabric, is unique and so fundamentally different from any of its competitors that it is patented internationally.
Are there any other advantages of LP MaxWrap?
Additional advantages of MaxWrap are:
- Its tension is fully adjustable to provide from light support to total compression.
- It consists of strong, non-tear fabric.
- It is easy to use and re-apply.
- It is made from a cohesive fabric that causes no pain or irritation to the skin whilst in use. In addition to being comfortable to wear, it is painless to remove.
- MaxWrap is washable with no loss of performance.
What are the special features of the LP Extreme™ products?
The LP Extreme range features a layer of LP’s innovative Coolprene® material which is designed to dissipate heat during use. Coolprene has specially designed grooves and venting holes that work in a pumping motion when the joint moves in order to facilitate heat release.
In addition to the pumping action described above, Coolprene stretches and rebounds during exercise and muscle contraction. The diamond-shaped grids (shown above) generate a compression force and a superficial massaging effect on the muscle to release pain and tightness. This also increases circulation, decreases fatigue and enhances muscle and joint flexibility.
The diamond shaped grids also provide an anti slip feature, allowing Coolprene supports to remain firmly in place during physical activity, thus increasing their effectiveness.
What is the LP EmbioZ range?
LP EmbioZ is a range of high performance compression wear from LP Support. It includes Power and Comfort systems to simultaneously optimize performance and wearing comfort.
The Power System series is designed to provide stability and support to specific joints and muscles. It is also designed to adjust your movement patterns in a way that improves your coordination while increasing your muscle force and staying power.
The Comfort System wicks away perspiration and quickly ventilates your body. It will keep your body dry and maintain the appropriate temperature while you are training or competing.
What does Kinesio tape do when combined with the Kinesio Taping method?
The Kinesio® Taping Method is focuses on the muscles of your body. The aim of the method is to reduce pain and inflammation.It will also relax tired muscles and support them as you perform your regular movements during the day.
Unlike traditional taping methods, it does not rely on restricting movement; on the contrary it relies for its effectiveness on the patient continuing to perform the full range of daily activities.
The traditional approach to taping relies on stabilizing the injured joint, even during periods of regular or sporting activity.
Kinesio® Tex Tape is applicable to a wide variety of situations including sports injuries, workplace or ergonomic type injuries like carpal tunnel syndrome and lower back strain from lifting heavy objects, to name just a few.
For additional information, please see our post comparing Kinesio and traditional taping.
Is Kinesio tape useful outside of a medical setting or when used by athletes?
Although originally developed in a medical setting, Kinesio tape has for many years assisted individuals of all ages to find comfort in their daily activities.
It can benefit an office worker experiencing neck or lower back stress after long periods hunched over a computer monitor.
At home, Kinesio taping can be used to help with overuse or repetitive stress injuries from routine activities ranging from daily housework and yardwork to shopping activities.
And of course, it can also be a great source of pain relief and healing from injuries incurred during sport or recreation e.g. walking, running, cycling and all the way up to intense weekend warrior activities.
Do I need to have expertise in Kinesio taping to use your products?
Not at all – our pre cut applications are designed for use on specific areas of the body and come with clear application instructions.
What is the relative importance of the tape vs. technique in obtaining the best results?
It is important to understand that the technique is the most significant contributor to achieving all the benefits of Kinesio taping.
However, Kinesio® Tex Tape is a necessary ingredient in achieving optimal results. It is gentle on the skin, possesses a high degree of elasticity elastic qualities and has identical thickness to human skin. These are all qualities that are vital to achieving optimal results. In addition, Kinesio® Tex Tape has sufficient durability to be worn for period of several days. It will even survive activities that will destroy tapes of lesser quality (e.g. sweating, showering).Wearing the tape continually for prolonged periods improves the chances of a full recovery.
Is there any difference between the various colors of Kinesio tape?
The colors are purely for cosmetic effect – the tapes are physically and chemically identical and possess the same therapeutic benefits.
For example, the beige option was created in response to a need for minimal visibility.
In general, the choice of color is primarily an individual preference based on taste, marketing needs or product/team branding.
Do you have any suggestions for optimal taping results?
For optimal results, we recommend:
- No moisture on the skin before applicatio
- Rub the tape after putting it on. The resulting warmth activates the glue in the tape and it will adhere to your skin better..
- Do not stretch the tape too much during application. This will minimize the risk of skin irritation.
- You should apply the tape about 1 hour before commencing activity or showering. This will the glue to fully adhere to your skin.
- It is very rare for patients to experience skin irritation. However, you shuld be careful if you have a history of hypersensitive skin.
Can you give a brief summary of how the tape is applied?
Apply the tape is applied over the site of the injury. It is important to ensure that the muscle is stretched during application.
Apply the tape, starting from one end of the muscle and ending at the other. Unlike the muscle, the tape should not be stretched when applied.
If your aim is to provide support to the muscle, you should start at its origin and end at the insertion point.
For rehabilitating an injured muscle, please reverse the direction of application (go from insertion point to origin).
For some additional information on the Kinesio taping method, please see our post on how Kinesio tape works.
Which of your Kinesio tapes is water resistant?
All our tapes are water resistant. To achieve the full benefits of the Kinesio Taping Method, you should apply the tape before the beginning of sporting activity. Please ensure that your skin is clean and dry (no sweat, water or any form of moisture). You should not be wearing lotions, oils or any type of skin lubrication.
A tip – rub the tape after application to the skin. This activates the adhesive in the tape and it will hold for a longer period, thus improving your chances of a full recoverey.
Do any of the Kinesio tapes contain latex?
All Kinesio tapes are latex free.
Are Kinesio products intended only for human use?
Not at all – we can also offer Kinesio taping products designed for horses. Please contact us for more information on these products.
What is McDavid’s 5 needle stitch technique?
This is a stitching technique designed by McDavid to produce a stronger, wider, flatter and more durable seam closure on their neoprene based products. In addition to providing a cleaner design and finish to their products, it provides increased wearing comfort and therefore greater patient compliance. This in turn results in a better overall treatment outcome.
What are McDavid’s Freelastics materials?
This refers to the construction of McDavid’s elastic (non neoprene) materials. McDavid Freelastics are created with a unique 400-needle machine that provides a tubular knitting technique. The use of tubular knitting produces superior elastic supports with no seams, which enhances wearing comfort with no loss of compressive properties. The yarn is knitted to produce high compression and remove unpleasant and problematic seams.
LEGEND® Compression Wear
Which individuals can benefit from LEGEND® Compression Wear socks & stockings?
Compression hosiery can be worn by anyone who wants to improve the health of their legs. However, most patients using compression hosiery are suffering from some form of discomfort in their legs and/or feet:
- Circulatory Disorders: If you are suffering from varicose veins, swelling in the feet or other venous insufficiencies, then you will likely benefit from a pair of medical compression stockings.
- Post-Surgery: After a surgery, a physician will often prescribe compression stockings in order to provide a level of protection against deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and speed patient recovery.
- High Frequency Traveling: Plane, train and long distance travel can produce swelling in the feet and lower legs and produce a good deal of discomfort due to being seated for prolonged periods. It also heightens a risk of DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis). Wearing a pair of compression stockings while traveling will keep your legs feeling fresh.
- Prolonged sitting: People who spend large amounts of time on their feet as part of their daily occupational activities will also benefit. This includes air hostesses, waitresses, store attendants, nurses and other similar occupations.
- Everyday Style – Compression hosiery can now be considered “fashionable compression”. In addition to the therapeutic benefits listed above, the LEGEND® compression socks and stockings provide all the style that you expect!
Which is the right compression level for me?
This is an important question to ask to make when you are buying compression hosiery products. It is important to seek the advice of a healthcare professional for proper fitting and help choosing a compression level that is best for you.
Graduated compression pushes de-oxygenated blood from the veins back to the heart and allows the flow of oxygen-rich blood back to your legs resulting in greater strength and vitality. There are 2 levels of compression available in our LEGEND® Simply Sheer Collection, as described below:
15-20 mmHg Graduated Compression Level
This compression level is referred to as “moderate or therapeutic compression”. The most common use is for frequent travelers; tired achy legs; those prone to mild swelling in legs, ankles and feet; during and after pregnancy; spider varicose veins and prolonged siting or standing. Compression hosiery in this category will encourage vascular wellness and improve overall blood circulation. A moderate level of support is ideal for any individual who is looking to improve the health of their legs.
A decision to wear 15-20 mmHg compression stockings will proactively extend the life of your legs and hold off the development of more serious conditions requiring higher levels of compression.
20-30 mmHg Graduated Compression Level
This is what we would refer to as “firm or medical compression”. The most common use of 20-30 mmHg compression stockings is for varicose veins; moderate swelling and edema; arterial and venous insufficiencies; reducing pooling of blood in the legs; protection against deep vein thrombosis (DVT); during and after pregnancy and frequent and long distance travel.