This post was last updated on December 22nd, 2020 at 10:18 pm
Oppo Medical Gel Metatarsal Pads are designed to help reduce and absorb shock with each step.
If you suffer from chronic pain in the balls of your feet (the bones connecting your toes to your ankles), you may have metatarsalgia. Some of the factors that may lead to this condition are:
- Overuse of high heeled shoes,
- Participation in sports in which you regularly land on on the ground at high force
- Being overweight
- Stress fractures
- Excessively still ankles – these can lead to pressure on the metatarsal bone during the act of walking.
These pads will support your metatarsal arch to reduce pressure and relieve the pain you are experiencing.
They come with an adhesive backing to secure the pads inside shoes.
One size – sold in pairs.
In addition to using the pads, your doctor may suggest:
- Changing your footwear and avoiding high heeld or tight shoes
- Applying ice to your feet several times a day for periods of 15 to 20 minutes at a time.
- Trying to keep your feet off the ground when resting
- In more severe cases, your doctor may also recommend anti inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen.
Oppo Medical Gel Metatarsal Pads – Indications
- Abnormal pressure in forefoot
- Transverse arch collapse