Login For Dealer Pricing
Large, Medium, Small, X-Large, X-Small
The Darco HeelWedge™ is proven to off-load pressure from the heel by shifting weight to the mid and forefoot to speed the healing process after surgery or trauma or if you have heel wounds or ulcerations.
The Darco HeelWedge™ is an off loading shoe that is proven to transfer pressure from the heel to the mid and forefoot. This accelerates healing and improves wound care after surgery or trauma or if you are suffering from wounds or ulcerations in the heel area. The HeelWedge’s effectiveness is proven in both clinical and other settings.
The HeelWedge will reduce pressure and friction on the heel area while allowing the patient to continue her normal ambulatory activity. With pressure and friction reduced, the injuries, ulcerations and wounds will be able to heel without interference.
For patients with diabetes, there is a constant threat from wounds and ulcerations and the Darco Heelwedge™ presents a solution for managing one of the main problems presented by the disease. It will also be of value to anyone with a heel injury or who has received surgery in that area.
To walk properly while wearing the Darco Heelwedge™:
- Ensure your weight is shifted to the forefoot.
- Avoid heel strikes of your rear foot.
You can wear the HeelWedge on either foot, and you can combine it’s use with a regular shoe on the other foot.
Available sizes range from Extra Small To Large for women and from Small to Extra large for men.
Darco HeelWedge™ – Features and Benefits
- Reduces heel pressure by more than 26%
- Features a square-toe design that protects your toes. It also allows you to wear the shoe on either the left or right foot.
- The ankle strap holds your foot securely in the shoe to reduce forefoot friction and slippage.
- The removable forefoot closure gives you security and eliminates pressure experienced from a buckle.
- Features a zoned outsole with an aggressive midfoot tread where you most need traction.
- EVA insole features double the amount the padding provided by standard insoles. You can modify it as needed or remove it entirely to accommodate the PQ PegAssist™ off-loading insole. The PQ PegAssist™ will permit a more targeted off load if needed.
Measure by Shoe Size
X-Small - Women's 4 - 7
Small - Women's 7.5 - 10 / Men's 6 - 8
Medium - Women's 10.5 - 13 / Men's 8.5 - 10
Large - Women's 13+ / Men's 10.5 - 12
X-Large - Men's 12.5 - 14