The Darco MedSurg™ shoe is the most versatile postoperative shoe on the market today. EVA insole features twice the padding of standard insoles and can be modified as needed.
Large – Men, Large – Women, Medium – Men, Medium – Women, Small – Men, Small – Women, X-large – Men
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- No Hassle Refunds
- Secure Payments
The Darco MedSurg™ is a versatile post operative shoe with a fully customizable double padded insole that you can remove to use the shoe with a PegAssist™ (PTQ Series) off-loading insole. The shoe is designed for individuals who have recently undergone foot surgery, suffered a wound or are wearing K- wires in the foot area. It offers them a matchless combination of comfort, off loading and wound protection.
The shoe has a more aggressive tread in the midfoot area to provide extra traction. However, it also features a less aggressive tread design at the heel and toe areas. The lower heel and toe friction minimizes the risk of tripping due to toe drag or heel scuff.
It also possesses an elastic strap around the ankle that helps to prevent the shoe slipping off your heel.
A rocker bottom sole promotes wound care by reducing plantar pressure by over 25%. This also provides increased comfort while walking.
The MedSurg shoe also features a hook and loop closure across the front that can accommodate bulky dressings or bandages (up to 17 inches circumference). This closure design also reduces the pressure that you would experience from the more traditional D ring closure, which tend to irritate the forefoot region.
You can wear the shoe on either the right or left foot. In addition, you can combine its use on one foot with a regular shoe on the other.
Darco MedSurg™ – Features and Benefits
- Square-toe design provides bumper-like protection for your toes in the presence of k-wires. It also provides better left/right fit
- MetaShank™ protection that improves control in the metatarsal area
- Forefoot Closure that eliminates pressure on your forefoot from using a buckle. It can also accommodate dressing or bandages with a maximum circumference of 17 inches.
Darco MedSurg™ – Indications
- After you have undergone foot surgery
- If you are using K-wires
- When your wound requires large bandages or dressing;
- Can be used with the PegAssist™ (PTQ Series) insole if you are off-loading pressure on a wound.
•Small - Women 4 - 6 / Men 6 - 8
•Medium - Women 6.5 - 8 / Men 8.5 - 10
•Large - Women 8.5 - 10 / Men 10 5. 12
•X-large - Men 12.5 - 14
Questions and answers for our valued customers:
There are no questions yet. Be the first to ask a question about this product.