Theraputty is resistive hand exercise material that is color coded to represent different resistance levels. It is available for 6 resistance levels ranging from XX-Soft to X-Firm, so you can gradually increase resistance as you recover hand strength. The putty material is gluten, casein and latex free. It comes in containers of various sizes – 2,3,4,5 and 6 oz for use at home and 1 and 5 lbs for professional use.
Exercise putty is used to help improve hand grip and finger strength as part of a rehabilitation program after illness, injury, surgery or a stroke. In fact, it is used to help anyone who has suffered a disorder that affects muscle tone and grip strength.
Persons who have undergone hand tendon surgery will often be put on a rehabilitation program that includes use of therapy putty. It will help hand muscles and tendons regain their normal strength.
Persons who have undergone a hand fracture and have therefore worn a hand cast for an extended period will also find therapy putty exercises useful in regaining normal hand strength.
TheraPutty Color Coded Resistance Levels
The color coded resistance levels are as follows:
- XX-Soft: Tan;
- X-Soft: Yellow;
- Medium: Green;
- Firm: Blue; and
- X-Firm: Black.
- Use Theraputty only as directed by your therapist;
- Wash hands before and after each use of therapy putty;
- Keep the putty in a bag or the supplied container to prevent it drying out;
- Keep this putty out of the reach of children or pets;
- Keep the putty from coming into direct contact with fabric, clothing or carpets. If it does come into contact with these materials,first use ice to harden the putty and then scrape it away.
- Also keep the putty away from excessive heat or from open flames;
- If the room temperature is high, store the putty in its waterproof container in a fridge;
- Theraputty is for external use only. In case of ingestion, seek professional assistance immediately;
- Do not let the putty come into contact with your eyes, nose or ears.