The TheraTherm Heating Pad from Chattanooga will provide your patient with moist heat therapy to give them temporary relief from arthritic pain, back pain due to muscle spasms and inflammation resulting from strain and tension. The standard Theratherm Digital Moist Heating Pad measures 14 x 27 and can meet most of your needs for pain relief.
The Theratherm Heating Pad has a flannel cover that draws moisture from the air. As its temperature rises, this moisture is released onto your patient’s skin, bringing them relief from their pain.
Moist heat therapy enjoys a number of advantages over the more traditional dry heat therapy:
- It penetrates deeper into tissues than does dry heat at the same temperatures;
- It has greater ability to effect immediate changes in tissue temperatures and also elicits greater responses from the body’s temperature receptors;
- Patients often subjectively report greater relief from moist heat therapy than from cold;
- Moist heat is particularly effective in providing relief from the pain, stiffness and muscle spasms caused by chronic arthritis. It is also effective in treating back pain and muscle spasms.
The Theratherm Heating Pad allows you to enjoy these benefits in the comfort of your own home! This is in contrast to Hydrocollator units that are only practical in a clinic setting.
TheraTherm Heating Pad – Key Features
- The unit is equipped with a user friendly digital control panel. This simplifies the task of setting the time and temperature of a session;
- In addition, a digital hand control allows the therapist or patient to monitor treatment time and temperature;
- A lockout mode prevents inconsistent settings changes during a treatment session;
- The unit can provide moist heat sessions with temperatures between 32°C and 74°C. Treatment sessions can be programmed to last up to 60 minutes.
- The flannel cover ensures efficient moisture retention for a deeper heat penetration and longer lasting pain relief.
- The TheraTherm Heating Pad is designed to be sufficiently user friendly to be used for pain relief either in the clinic or at home.
- The unit comes with a one year warranty.
Besides the 14 x 27 standard size, you can buy the Theratherm Digital Moist Heating Pad in sizes small and medium as well as a shoulder/neck size.