Curity Abdominal Pads offer maximum absorbency and comfort. They were originally designed to cover bleeding abdominal wounds experienced by solders in battle and were known as ABDs or “Army Battle Dressings”. However, today, in civilian use abdominal pads are used to treat wounds both in and away from the abdomen, particularly those that are large or that require a high degree of absorbency due to heavy bleeding.
These wound care products have all edges sealed to eliminate the possibility of lint residue and leaking, thus keeping foreign matter away from the wound and reducing infection risk.. They also feature a soft non woven layer for additional patient comfort and a fluff filler for additional absorbency of wound exudate.
Absorbing wound excretions before they re enter the would itself can be a major contributor to more rapid healing. You can also use the pads together with antibiotic ointments to further promote healing and reduce the risk of infection.
The packaging is in convenient sterile peel back packaging to facilitate multiple applications.
These products are ideal for use if you require high absorbency for heavy draining wounds. Their high absorbency also makes them useful in protecting pressure sores from exposure to the bodily waste of a bedridden and incontinent patient. Thirdly, you can use the pads over a primary dressing as a supplementary absorbent for an exceptionally heavily draining wound.
Size is 5″ x 9″.
Curity Abdominal Pads – Instructions
- Place the abdominal pads over the wound and secure using a wrap
- Alternatively, you can place it over a primary dressing and secure it with the wrap
- Make sure that the blue strip is away from the wound.
Curity Abdominal Pads – Indications
- Primary or secondary layer for heavily exudating wounds
- Pressure sores – to keep them free of infection.
- Padding for pressure points to reduce discomfort to the patient.
- Anywhere high absorbency is needed