Calko Woven Elastic Wraps are versatile reinforced tensor bandages with stretch and compression. Used mainly to treat muscle strains and sprains, these wraps can also be used to hold hot and cold packs or other bandages in place, to treat bone fractures and also to address lymphedema and other venous disorders.
They are available in single/double lengths and in both economical and deluxe quality. The deluxe version is manufactured from premium woven spandex and cotton and has uniform compression throughout. It is ideally suited for sports medicine applications, rehabilitation and physical therapy.
The economy version of these bandages is of a lighter woven consistency and is ideal for compression and/or support. It conforms more easily to the shape of the anatomy and is softer and more comfortable to wear than the deluxe version.
Calko Woven Elastic Wraps – Instructions
To use the bandage to treat an injury:
- Position one end of the wrap below the injury;
- Wrap up and around the location of the injury. Ensure that you overlap at least half of the width of the bandage with each loop;
- When finished, the end of the bandage should be above the injury;
- Use tape or clips to hold the bandage in position.
- Avoid wrapping too tightly or you may restrict blood flow or press against a nerve.
- Remove the bandage at least twice daily and if you experience tingling or numbness
- Wash your bandage daily or whenever it loses its tension, whichever occurs more frequently. Keep a spare for use while the other one is being cleaned.
If you experience tingling or numbness that does not go away after you have removed the bandage, you should see your doctor. Do the same if the site of the injury remains cold and/or pale after you have removed the bandage.