Mueller Sports Medicine Blister Pads are thin flexible, pressure-sensitive & adhesive protective foam pads. They conform easily to help protect against the most common cause of blisters: friction and pressure.
Blister pads are most useful when you have a blister in a weight bearing part of your body, such as the soles of your feet or under your toes. In these cases, you will need to find a way to protect those areas from direct pressure to eliminate the risk of a blister forming.
If you already have a blister, these pads will insulate it from pressure and friction and give it a chance to heal.
Mueller Sports Medicine Blister Pads are sold in handy take-along packs.
Can Mueller Sports Medicine Blister Pads Be Used On Blisters That Have Already Formed?
You can use blister pads on pre-existing blisters to gain the following benefits:
- For blisters that have already formed, blister pads absorb moisture from the wound (exudate), forming a gel.
- In addition, they prevent friction against the blister, allowing it to heal more rapidly.
- They also serve to prevent water, dirt and germs from entering the blister and causing infection.
For Which Sports Can Mueller Sports Medicine Blister Pads Be Used?
These pads are useful in any sport requiring running. Examples are:
- Track & field (track events particularly)
Mueller Sports Medicine Blister Pads – Instructions
To treat a blister using these blister pads:
- Clean and dry the area to which the pad is to be applied. Make sure the area is clean of creams and oils.
- Remove the paper covering the pad. Do not touch the adhesive side.
- Apply the pad firmly over the blister. Ensure that the edges are properly tamped down.
- Leave the pad in place until it starts to come loose. Please note that it may remain in place for several days.