The Intelect® Digital High-Volt Portable Stimulator is a single channel electrical stimulation unit that features accurate one touch digital programming for user convenience. It also features 20 custom and standard pre-sets, a unique pause feature and an ergonomic case design.
The unit is designed for convenient use either in the clinic or at home. You can use it to maintain or increase range of motion, relax muscles in spasm, prevent or retard muscle disuse atrophy, re-educate muscles or increase blood circulation to an injury site in order to accelerate the healing process.
Intelect® Digital High-Volt Portable Stimulator – Instructions
Please use this unit under the close supervision of a qualified medical practitioner.
- Before using the unit, prepare the patient’s skin for electrotherapy by thoroughly washing the area of skin on which you intend to place the electrodes. Use mild soap and water.
- Dry the skin thoroughly.
- Use a pair of scissors to trim any excess hair from the area on which you intend to place the electrodes. Be careful not to break the skin. Never shave the area.
- Place a set of self adhesive electrodes on the site identified by your physician. Press them firmly onto your skin in order to ensure maximum conductivity.
- Insert the electrode cable into the electrode port shown in the illustration above.
- Press the on/off button to switch power on to the unit.
- Press the tab button until the preset field starts flashing intermittently.
- Press either the increase or decrease button to select the desired preset.
- Press the tab/field button until the intensity field flashes intermittently and then press the increase button to select the intensity level prescribed by your doctor.
- When the treatment is finished, disconnect the electrode cables and the electrodes and store them until your next treatment.