This post was last updated on December 22nd, 2020 at 10:30 pm
The Darco WCS™ Wound Care Shoe System is designed for the treatment of Wagner Grade 3 or greater ulcerations, i.e. deep ulcers with osteomyelitis or abscesses. It features four multi density insoles that are modified to remove pressure from the plantar region of the foot. With pressure moved to another, healthy area of the sole, diabetic patients suffering from ulcers and individuals looking to recover from surgery in the foot area, will experience quicker recovery from their injuries.
There is a high heel counter to provide rear foot stability. In addition, the toe upper is composed of a soft, elastic, breathable and seamless material for the most comfortable wearing experience possible.
The system is also designed with extra space in the toe area in order to accommodate light bandages and deformities.
The system is available in both closed and open toe versions. The closed toe version features a rocker bottom sole to ensure a physiologically optimum gait.
The shoe system is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
Replacement insoles can be purchased separately.
Available in sizes XS to 2XL (for women) and sizes S to 2XL (for men). The shoes are sold in pairs to eliminate possible discrepancies in shoe height.
Darco WCS™ Wound Care Shoe System – Key Features
- The system includes four multi density insoles that offer you the ultimate flexibility in customizing and precisely targeting your desired off loading zones.
- There is also an ultra soft Plastazote© lining with a virtually frictionless contact surface to avoid exacerbating existing wounds or ulcers (open toe version only);
- Genuine leather uppers that your therapist can cut to further customize the level and location of desired pressure relief (open toe version only);
- The shoe system is sold in pairs in order to avoid shoe height discrepancies;
Darco WCS™ Wound Care Shoe System – Indications
- Wagner grade 3 or more severe ulcerations;
- Bony prominences;
- Long term treatment of wounds and/or ulcerations;
- Maximum and customized post operative off loading while still permitting patient ambulation.