BioFreeze is a menthol-based pain relief product that works by producing a cold sensation that overwhelms the pain signals passing through the spine and reaching the brain. It does this via the ability of menthol to bind to temperature sensitive receptors in the tissues of the body and produce this overwhelming effect to “drown out” the pain signals. Although this works similarly to ice in its pain relieving effects, BioFreeze brings some additional benefits:
- It is a more powerful pain relieving agent than ice;
- It is more comfortable on the skin and easier to deploy (e.g. you don’t have to have a refridgerator and the time you would normally require to produce ice).
- It is also longer lasting (based on the subjective experience of 9 in 10 patients).
Compared to oral pain relievers, BioFreeze also enjoys several advantages:
- It is a natural product and is non addictive, unlike many oral pain medications;
- It offers targeted pain relief, unlike an oral analgesic that acts on the entire body;
- It is far less likely to interact with other medications you may be taking and you will not overdose from its use;
- You don’t need a prescription to get BioFreeze.
BioFreeze is particularly effective when used in combination with manual therapies such as:
- Chiropractors who employ manual manipulation techniques of the spine and soft tissues to solve health problems;
- Massage therapists who also manipulate soft tissues to improve overall health and wellness;
- Physical therapists who may use massage, heat or exercise as part of their treatments;
- Other therapists such as podiatrists who may also be required to treat painful conditions.
Biofreeze – Indications
This product can also be used to manage the pain associated with chronic conditions such as:
- Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness, such as you may experience after prolonged periods of strenuous exercise.