Resist-A-Band Hand Exercise Putty is available in various colors with each color representing a different resistance level. Rehabilitation therapists use the putty to improve patients’ grip strength and dexterity. It is also useful for strengthening hand muscles using various finger hand and wrist exercises.
Even among patients with completely healthy hands and wrists, this putty will be useful for improving muscular endurance. Individuals looking to improve performane in certain sports, or simply trying to stay healthy and fit, can also use putty for these goals. For activities like mountain or rock climbing, grip strength is of critical importance and participants in these sports often invest significant time in using exercise tools like Resist-A-Band Hand Exercise Putty.
For those recovering from injuries, it is a useful aid for returning a patient to normal grip strength. Exercise putty is a valuable rehabilitation tool for patients recovering from a variety of conditions such as stroke or arthritis.
A simple example of an exercise to improve finger extension strength using Resist-A-Band Hand Exercise Putty is as follows:
- Hold the putty in your palm at the base of your fingers;
- Keeping your palm open, squeeze the putty using just your fingertips;
- Press into the putty with your fingertips, then fold it over and repeat the squeeze
You can also use the putty for similar exercises aimed at improving finger pinching strength, wrist extension and wrist flexion.
Resist-A-Band Hand Exercise Putty – Care & Maintenance
- Wash your hands thoroughly before using the putty. This will help you to avoid soiling it and will also maintain its resistance.
- Avoid putting lotion on your hands before using the putty
- Keep the putty in its case when it is not being used.
- Avoid placing it on rugs or fabrics for extended periods. If you do this by accident, you can remove the stains using isopropyl alcohol.
- If any putty becomes stuck to your hands or under a nail, blot it with a larger ball of putty to remove.