The Darco MedSurg is a highly versatile postoperative shoe with a fully customizable insole that is double-padded and removable to accommodate the PegAssist™ (PTQ Series) off-loading insole.
Features and Benefits
- Rocker sole that promotes wound care by reducing plantar pressure on the heel and forefoot by over 25%
- Square-toe design acts as a bumper to protect the toes when k-wires are present and provides better left/right fit
- MetaShank™ protection provides more rigid control under the metatarsal heads
- Forefoot Closure eliminates buckle pressure on the forefoot and can expand to accommodate dressing up to 17 inches in circumference.
Darco MedSurg – Indications
- After foot surgery or when K-wires are present
- When large bandages or dressing are required
- As a platform for the PegAssist™ (PTQ Series) insole when off-loading wounds