The Bio Skin Q Lok knee brace is a dynamic patella traction system that has been shown to affect patellar positioning in weight-bearing MRI studies. The unique Bio Skin design decreases pain by increasing surface contact area in the joint. In addition, the strappping system of the brace is designed to push the patella back into the proper position in the trochlear notch.
The Stratus material used in the Bio Skin Q Lok knee brace provides extra breathability and a forgiving fit. Stratus is a tri-laminate material with high powered Lycra on the outsides and an elastic porous membrane in the middle. In addition to a forgiving fit, this elasticity provides more dynamic compression. Like all Bio Skin materials, Stratus is hypo allergenic 100% neoprene and latex free.
Along with most of the Bio Skin product line, the Q Lok knee brace features SkinLok™, which promotes adherence to the skin in the presence of perspiration, thus reducing slippage. The ability of the brace to remain firmly in place during periods of intense activity increases its effectiveness in reducing pain and promoting rapid healing.
Bio Skin Q Lok – Features and Benefits
- Seats patella in trochlear notch
- Reduces patella tilt
- Provides a traction force on the lateral retinaculum
- Lightweight hinges anchor the Dynamic Patella Traction Strap
- Contoured cut designed to fit a wider variety of thigh shapes
- Hinges naturally contour to leg
- Universal left and right
- Lightweight 7 ounces
- Stratus material – latex and neoprene free
Bio Skin Q Lok – Conditions and Indications
- Anterior knee pain
- Maltracking patella
- Patellar tilt, glide and subluxation
- Patellofemoral knee pain
- Post surgical lateral release
- Tight lateral retinaculum
- Patellofemoral osteoarthritis