The Bio Skin Q Lok Front Closure knee brace is designed primarily to reduce patellofemoral pain and to expedite recovery from it. The brace features a unique strapping system that pushes the patella back into its correct position in the trochlear notch. With the patella properly positioned in this way, the force on the knee joint is distributed over a larger area. The key benefit of this is decreased pain and general wear and tear on the knee joint.
The Q Lok Front Closure’s micro fleece lined Ultima 2SL™ material features a Velcro-compatible surface to enhance compression and flexibility in anchoring and closures. Like all Bio Skin materials, Ultima 2SL™ is hypo allergenic and is also 100% neoprene and latex free, thus eliminating any risk of allergic or other adverse reactions. This increases patient compliance by making the brace more comfortable to wear over prolonged periods.
Like all Bio Skin braces, the Q Brace Front Closure features the patented SkinLok™ feature. This increases adherence to the skin in the presence of perspiration, thus reducing slippage during periods of intense physical activity. As a result, the brace will remain firmly in its intended position and continue to apply compression to the appropriate area. It continues to effectively reduce pain and promote healing while your patients pursue their normal activities.
Bio Skin Q Lok Front Closure – Features and Benefits
- Seats patella in trochlear notch
- Reduces patella tilt
- Provides a traction force on the lateral retinaculum
- Lightweight hinges anchor the Dynamic Patella Traction Strap
- Contoured cut designed to fit a wider variety of thigh shapes
- Hinges naturally contour to leg
- Universal left and right
- 2SL material – latex and neoprene free
Bio Skin Q Lok Front Closure – Conditions and Indications
- Anterior knee pain
- Maltracking patella
- Patellar tilt, glide and subluxation
- Patellofemoral knee pain
- Post surgical lateral release
- Tight lateral retinaculum
- Patellofemoral osteoarthritis