The Darco Toe Alignment Splint provides toe alignment after Hallux Valgus, Hammer Toe and Tailor’s Bunion procedures. With correct alignment, your toes are more likely to heal in the correct position, leading to a satisfactory outcome of the surgery.
Hallux valgus causes the first metatarsal bone to deviate toward the midline of the body while the big toe deviates away from the midline of the body. Tailor’s bunion (or a bunionette) is a similar condition affecting the little toe.
The One Size Fits Most Toe Alignment Splint includes:
- A metatarsal band;
- A heel band;
- A large toe loop
- Small toe loops.
You can use the splint on either the right or left foot.
To fit the Darco Toe Alignment Splint in a case of Hallux Valgus:
- Place the metatarsal band around the ball of your foot;
- Apply the heel band to prevent slippage of the metatarsal band;
- Place the large toe loop around your large toe .
- Secure it to the midfoot bandage using velcro. Make sure that there is a little tension in the securing strap.
To fit the Darco Toe Alignment Splint in the case of Tailor’s Bunion:
- Place the metatarsal band around your midfoot and secure with the heel band;
- Take one of the small toe loops and place it on the little toe.
- Use velcro to secure it to the metatarsal band, ensuring that there is a little tension in the securing strap.
In the case of Hammer Toes:
- Place the metatarsal band around your foot and secure with the heel band;
- Place a small toe loop on the affected toe and attach it to the metatarsal band. As with hallux valgus or tailor’s bunion, make sure there is a little tension in the attachment.
Darco Toe Alignment Splint – Features and Benefits
- Low profile metatarsal band that fits into most types of shoes.
- Metatarsal band reduces likelihood of slippage
- Soft toe straps will not irritate skin
- Special T-strap preserves proper alignment to ensure correct healing
- 100% Latex free